Monday, November 8, 2010

Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge - Marigolds

Good Monday morning! I can say that because I have the day off! Yesterday, between walking Will in the Alberta sunshine, and preparing dinner for my parents, I made this card using Karen Giron's SSSC 92.

As soon as I saw the sketch, I saw this marigold image from Papertrey Ink's Year of Flowers set for October. I colored it with Copic markers (something I need to use more!), and matched it up with some Basic Grey Pyrus paper. The sketch calls for a large embellishment where the glazed brads are, but I wanted the flower to take centre stage, so I exercised some artistic license and used the brads instead.


Here's the recipe:
Sketch: SSSC92
Stamps: PTI - Year of Flowers:Marigold, Signature Greetings
Paper: Always Artichoke, Orange Zest, Wild Wasabi, White, Basic Grey - Pyrus
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Nestabilities (Square, and Scalloped Square), Copics, Basic Grey glazed brads - Pyrus, Woodgrain Impression plate, dimensionals
Techniques: dry embossing, Copics

No comments:

Post a Comment