Saturday, November 6, 2010

MOJO Saturday

It's Saturday!!! It's been ages since I've been able to play with Julee's MOJO Monday sketch challenge. This week's sketch really caught my eye. It is very simple, so there are oodles of possibilities!

I've been following Jennifer McGuire's Thinking Inking Christmas series over at her blog, so I was inspired to dig out my distress inks and blending tools to make the main background. The nativity stamp is from Stampendous which I picked up at my local scrapbooking store, Scrapbooker's Paradise. It is stamped in Versamark on some Basic Grey Jovial paper, and then embossed with chocolate embossing powder. The Merry Christmas sentiment is from PTI's 2010 Holiday Tag set. The little charm dangling from the ribbon is a Tim Holtz fragment with some more Jovial paper.

Now it's time to take Puppy Will to Three Mile Bend for a walk, and then I'm going to see the movie version of The Tempest with Christopher Plummer, that was filmed at The Stratford Shakespeare Festival this past season. I was fortunate enough to see this production in person in September during my yearly visit to Stratford. It was AMAZING so I've had today circled on my calendar for a long time.

Here's the Recipe:
Sketch: MOJO163

Stamps: Stampendous - Sacred Silhouettes, and Music Score, PTI - 2010 Holiday Tags
Paper: Riding Hood Red, Old Olive, Very Vanilla, Basic Grey DSP - Jovial
Ink: Versamark, Distress Inks - Peeled Paint, Fired Brick, Antique Linen, Vintage Photo
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Nestabilities (long rectangles, scalloped rectangles, labels 4), White EP, Chocolate EP, Cranberry Crisp stitched ribbon, Tim Holtz Fragment, dimensionals, gold cord

No comments:

Post a Comment