Thursday, August 19, 2010

More Verve and Happy B-Day Nicole

I got a chance to finish the two remaining sketch challenges for Verve's 3rd Anni-VERVE-sary. I have to say the sketch three was a bit of a stinker! I'm very happy with how it turned out though. I painted the butterfly with Smooch Illuminate ink after coloring it with Copics, so it is very shimmery in real life. All the Verve Divas are doing an awesome job with the sneak peaks, so I REALLY hope I win a little something. My wallet could use the break!!!

Sketch A

Stamps: Verve - Abundant Blessings
Paper: Blushing Bride, Real Red, Very Vanilla, October Afternoon DSP - The Thrift Shop, Blushing Bride DSP
Ink: Blushing Bride, Soft Suede, Tea Dye Touch Duo
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Nestabilities, New Leaf Bitty dots ribbon, Diamond Lace border punch, dimensionals

Sketch C
Stamps: Verve - Blue Skies
Paper: Pure Poppy, Simply Chartruse, Very Vanilla, white, October Afternoon DSP - The Thrift Shop, and Fly a Kite
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black,Crushed Olive Distress ink
Accessories: Sewing Machine, Copics, Pure Poppy ribbon, Corner Rounder, dimensionals, Cuttlebug, X-large ric-rac die (PTI), Simply Chartruse felt, black mini brads, Smooch - Illuminate

Today is my niece Nicole's 6th birthday. The entire family (two-legged, and four-legged members) are heading to my brother's place this evening for a birthday barbeque. Here's hoping the weather holds out!! I hope to have her birthday card to show you tomorrow.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY COLIE-BEAR!!

No comments:

Post a Comment