Monday, February 1, 2010

Viva la Verve














One of my favorite challenges is the Viva la Verve challange. I started doing these last year as part of my New Years resolution. My resolution last year was to quit copying cards I liked, and start coming up with my own combinations of colors, stamp to use and so on.

This year, our Viva la Verve hostess with the mostess Amber Hight, has come up with the idea to use three different photographs from decorating magazines as our inspiration. You can pick anything from the photo as your inspiration. It can be the general color scheme, the style of the room, or even a single flower that might be in a vase on the side table. Amber features a different room each month. This month's room is the dining room.

I chose this dining room picture for it's teal and orange color scheme. Blue and orange always reminds me of my favorite hockey team, the Edmonton Oilers who definitely need a little boost right now. ( Did I say little, how about a BIG boost!!)
Here's the recipe:
Stamps: Good Neighbors - SU! Sale-a-Bration set, Daily Design Sentiments (PTI)
Paper: White, Pumpkin Pie, Sweet Pea DSP, Welcome Neighbor DSP
Ink: Taken with Teal, Pumpkin Pie, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive
Extras: Paper piercer, mat pack, white gel pen, Basic Grey brads - Lemonade, Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment