Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!



Happy Valentine's Day!! I haven't been able to post for a while because last Friday I came down with a lousy cold courtsey of my nephew Ethan. This valentine is for him. My sister Leanne (Ethan's mom) is alway calling him her little monkey man, because he likes to hang off of her like a monkey. I made this card for Viva la Verve's at Home with Verve sketch challenge for the 2nd week of February. Here's the dining room that I chose as my inspiration.
The colors in this room reminded me of French Provincal style with it's yellow, blue, and red color scheme. Yellow is not a color I use very often, but as soon as I saw this room, I though of the Love Me Do collection of DSP from My Mind's Eye.
The monkey is from Verve's Love Monkey set. He was stamped in Close to Cocoa ink, and then stamped again in Versamark ink. I then embossed him with clear embossing powder. Each panel was paper pierced so I could add some faux stitching with a white gel pen, or a Close to Cocoa marker.
Here's the Recipe:
Stamps - Love Monkey (Verve)
Paper - Real Red, Night of Navy, Creamy Carmel, Love Me Do DSP (My Mind's Eye)
Ink - Close to Cocoa, Versamark
Extras - Clear EP, paper piercer, mat pack, white gel pen, Close to Cocoa marker, Basic Grey brads (Sugar Rush, and Marrakech), Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment